Members of the Wild Boars soccer team have been discharged from the Thai hospital where they were being quarantined, after they were trapped in a cave in the north of the country for up to 17 days.
The team is due to speak at a press conference in Chiang Rai at 9pm AEST.
The boys were seen leaving the hospital wearing uniforms.
The plight of the boys and their coach has captivated not only Thailand, but much of the world — from the heart-sinking news that they were missing, to the first flickering video of the huddle of anxious boys when they were found 10 days later by a pair of British divers.
The group became trapped in the Tham Luang cave on June 23, when monsoon rains flooded it. The boys had been exploring the cave after a soccer practice session.
Each of the boys, aged 11 to 16 and with no diving experience, were guided out by a pair of divers during three days of intricate and high-stakes operations.
The government has allotted a 45-minute slot to the news conference on its Thailand Moves Forward program.
The team will be asked a series of carefully-vetted questions submitted by journalists in advance, officials said.
"We don't know what wounds the kids are carrying in their hearts," Justice Ministry official Tawatchai Thaikaew said.
He called for the boys' privacy to be respected, citing worries over the impact of media attention on their mental health.
"The media know the children are in a difficult situation, they have overcome peril and if you ask risky questions then it could break the law," he said.
Some Thai television personalities joked the boys' appearance would boost ratings for an otherwise dull show that usually features discussions of the government's performance.
"This is the story all Thais want to hear. Don't switch it off, don't put it on mute," joked a presenter of Voice TV — a broadcaster that is often critical of the government.
"It should help the Thailand Moves Forward show's ratings shoot through the roof."
More to come.